Re: Realservers as client

Subject: Re: Realservers as client
From: Leon Botes <leon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:52:35 +0200

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Leon Botes wrote:

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Leon Botes wrote:

Can anyone suggest a solution or at least show me the flaws in this sort of setup. I desperately need to balance the mysql services with the real servers as clients.

since the users initial connection to the realserver is balanced, why can't you let the realserver connect directly
to the database? You don't need to balance again.

hmm. I didn't say that real clearly. Why can't you have each realserver contacting a database machine? ie realserver A contacts database machine A.. realserver Z contacts database machine Z.

Joe
Well the services on the real servers that need to connect to the database are themselves balanced. The situation where maybe the database on the real server dies but the application continues to run would create a scenario where the application would not be able to write to the database yet the application would still respond to client requests.