Re: Linux LVS Server

Subject: Re: Linux LVS Server
From: Vinícius Kopelke <vini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:36:50 -0200
Is this normal with LVS or there can be some specific configuration required
in this regard?

Yes it´s normal. For real servers health checking I use keepalived www.keepalived.org. When one of the server of the LVS server pool is down, keepalived informs the linux kernel via a setsockopt call to remove this server entrie from the LVS topology.
When the server comes up, keepalived add it again.

Its very usefull and easy for implement.

good luck!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mansoor Ali" <mhafeez72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I want to ask one thing about the Linux LVS Solution. I have setup the LVS-NAT solution, it worked fine but i m having one small issue onto it. If one of my real server is down,switched-off the Director does not detect it immediatley as well the connections are not forwarded immediately to the second Real Server. At times even it is very difficult to make connection with the Second Real Server.

Is this normal with LVS or there can be some specific configuration required in this regard?

Mani Ali