Re: Deleted real server string patch

To: Dung Nguyen <dtnguyen2@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Deleted real server string patch
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:31:02 +0900
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 09:16:24PM -0800, Dung Nguyen wrote:
> Jaro,
> I've thought about the verbage and do agree with you.  However, I wanted to
> keep the change to a minimal because some organization out there may already
> be monitoring the logs for the existing strings.  That's why I choosed to
> change the string for the lesser critical of the two messages.  I opted to
> retain the exact string for the failure/restore due to status checks since
> these are unplanned events.  I was hoping that this patch could be applied
> with minimal changes to organizational practices/procedures.

Hi,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of denoting the difference
between administratively triggered additons and removals, and
status-check triggered ones. I'm not particularly fussed by what
exactly the text looks like. Though here is my 2c worth.

On configuration file reload event:
 delete :  "Purged real server (configuration reload): ..."
 restore:  "Re-added real server (configuration reload): ..."

On status check:
 delete :  "Deleted real server: ..."
 restore:  "Added real server: ..."

And now some mechanics:

If you want a patch to go into ldirectord, then it would help me a lot
if you could provide a sign-off-line, as described at the link
below. Basically its a way of you saying, I wrote this code, and
its ok for it to be included in GPL code. Its primary purpose
is so that if someone else claims they own the code there is
a way of tracking where it came from.

See section 5 of http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html

And, patches should really be against ldirectord.in. You can get
the lastest from:

http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev/raw-file/466b5d495b37/ldirectord/ldirectord.in

Thanks