Re: Keepalived vrrp problem

Subject: Re: Keepalived vrrp problem
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:04:36 +0000
On 16/02/2007 13:57, Sal Tepedino wrote:
Tried that. IPSec auth. Plain auth. No auth. The results are the same,
sadly.

OK...

...dumb question: although you can see the traffic using tcpdump on the backup director, is iptables letting it through to userland? If it's getting blocked, then the backup director won't see the adverts from the master, and when it's missed one or two (I forget how many, so it'll be three!) then it elevates status to MASTER.

That's the most common cause of BACKUP/MASTER toggling, in my experience.