Re: http reqs. to 4 real servers does not scale

Subject: Re: http reqs. to 4 real servers does not scale
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:05:29 +0000
On 26/02/2007 12:50, Stephan Hendl wrote:
<snip>
Are there any kernel parameter that I can tune? Or other ideas?

Several questions for you, first:

Are you using persistence?

What tool are you using to run the test?

Is your filesystem blocking the requests in some way?

Do you get any errors in your Apache logs (assuming Apache server)?

Is your test client capable of generating more than 9500 reqs/sec? I've (one more than one occasion) caused a test client running Apachebench to fall over because I've exhausted the test client's resources long before those of the cluster.

Graeme