Re: Upgrade lo:0 conflict from heartbeat 1.2.3 to 2.0.7

Subject: Re: Upgrade lo:0 conflict from heartbeat 1.2.3 to 2.0.7
From: "Ben Hollingsworth" <ben.hollingsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:36:52 -0600
Brent Jensen wrote:
> Thanks...I guess I have learn more stuff. If you can, please point me
> in the right direction: will I have to use iproute2 tools? What will I
> have to do differently from my current configuration? I'm having a
> hard time figuring out what is applicable for the 2.6 kernels or
> previous ones. BTW, I went back to heartbeat 1.2.3 and it seems to
> work like it was before.
>

> At 05:48 AM 2/28/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Brent Jensen wrote:
>>> I'm running the directors on the master servers. Therefore, all
>>> servers have lo:0 up.
>>
>> Aliases have been deprecated since the arrival of the 2.4 kernel.
>> This may not work anymore

I'm having the exact same symptoms (using IPaddr2).  Is dropping back to
heartbeat 1.2 the only way to run on a 2.6 kernel?  I somehow doubt
that.  I've followed the instructions on the UltraMonkey 2-host LVS
setup at http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/sl-ha-lb-eg.html, which
I believe are the most current docs available for doing 2-host LVS.  Are
there better docs to use for that setup?  I'm pulling my hair out over
this.  I was hoping somebody would post a fix for Brent, but I never saw
one.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)