Re: LVS performance bug

Subject: Re: LVS performance bug
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:26:12 +0100
I am running the 2.6.18 kernel on our servers with a directord and 2
realservers running LVS-NAT for DNS queries. Everything works great
but we cranked up the traffic to about 18000 queries sent to the
director. Each query is 91 bytes and each response is about 290 bytes
for a total of about 5.5 megabytes/second of data.

These numbers make sense ...

It runs for awhile but then an error comes out "IPVS: ip_vs_conn_new: no
memory available."This error comes out about 5-6 times and
then the server boots. Has anyone else seen this? I tested this back

What's your hardware configuration and how much RAM do you have (I guess about 1GB?)?

Please send following information when this happens:

cat /proc/slabinfo

with the 2.4 kernel and and was running 32000 queries and the director
was up and stable.

Yeah, recently I've seen that the structure to hold the connection template entries has increased from 128 to 256 bytes. This could be an explanation.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc