PPPoE and LVS router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PPPoE and LVS router
From: "Hideki" <sithgunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:45:45 +0000
Hi.
I have currently set up LVS like this,

| WAN : Internet | - | PPPoE Router + LVS | - | LAN : 2 real servers |

The PPPoE router is a single machine (for now) which handles the PPPoE connection as well as LVS (in NAT form with least connection forwarding method) toward its real servers (HTTP) in the LAN. When I access the LVS from inside the LAN, the requests get passed to the real servers and back to the client fine. But when accessed from the WAN, the machines stop responding after the content size goes beyond 1402 bytes. I just guessed this has something to do with PPPoE packet size and that is the reason server stops responding right after the size becomes 1403 bytes big.

I have a 2.6.19 kernel and version 1.24 of ipvsadm.

In the iptables on the router, I have the mss fix packet mangling, so that SNAT works fine fetching data from the internet back to the LAN machines.

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -o ppp0 -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

I wonder what can be done to fix this problem. TIA.

2007年1月31日にZepp Tokyoで行われたエヴァネッセンスのライブ映像を公開! http://music.jp.msn.com/lp/