Re: LVS-Tun with Windows 2003 server. No way to make it work with IP Tun

Subject: Re: LVS-Tun with Windows 2003 server. No way to make it work with IP Tunelling ?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Arief Setiawan wrote:

(1) "ipip encapsulation is used when the realservers are at a remote site.
Methods of tunneling other than ipip exist (*e.g.* a VPN) if you need
geographically remote realservers"
and

So I would really like to find out more about (1).

well no-one I know has done it. You'll be the first - let us know how it goes :-)

With alternative (1), Would IPSec tunneling for Windows 2003 server work
instead of ipip ?
I think IPSec tunneling involves setting up policy, some filtering, rules
between 2 nodes.
I wonder if this will affect director ( as the other node end ) to forward
the IP packet ?

I don't know what "as the other node end" means. However the ends of the connection don't know that there's a tunnel in between, so a tunnel shouldn't affect the director.

IPSec isn't used a lot. I don't know why - it seems like good stuff to me. I would have thought that it should have been used for wifi, rather than WEP/WPA.

Has anyone else made success stories from this particular Windows version /w
no ipip support ?

there aren't that many people using windows with LVS. You're on new ground here.