Linux virtual service using User Defined TCP Ports

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux virtual service using User Defined TCP Ports
From: "Mansoor Ali" <mhafeez72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:18:55 +0000
Greetings

We are deciding to setup a Linux Virtual Server to provide the load balancing between our two critical servers. But before going into the production environment I want to do a test with it. The scenario at my site is that we have one public server which communicates with my two internal private servers on TCP Ports 6666,8888 only. All of the other ports will be blocked for communication.

My concerns are as follows:

1. Does Linux Virtual Server supports the load balancing based on user defined ports?

2. As our the productive environment will be highly critical and availability is supposed to be the 100% what will be the suggestion for the deployment of LVS?

Also if someone can give special considerations or suggestions for the deployment of LVS, that will be highly appreciable.

With Best Regards

Mansoor

Get Hotmail, News, Sport and Entertainment from MSN on your mobile. http://www.msn.txt4content.com/