(w)lb scheduler?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: (w)lb scheduler?
From: Mark de Vries <markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:00:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi guys,

Anybody ever thought about a "least bandwidth" scheduler?

We use lvs for (amongst others) incomming email. With all the spam and virus scanning beeing done I think there is (might be) a strong relation between the server load and the amount of inbound bps. Or at least a stronger relation than with any of the currently available schedulers.

I've only just thought about this and not given it a great deal of thought yet. I thought I'd first ask the list to see if maybe the idea has been discussed before?

Regards,
Mark.