Re: URL forwarding

Subject: Re: URL forwarding
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 25 May 2007, Konstantin Ivanov wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible based on the URL address for the load balancer to forward the requests to a particular real servers. What I need to do is for example for a domain name domain1.com just server1 and server2 will respond, and for domain2.com server 1 and server3 will respond. I tried looking at UltraMonkey-L7 project but you can match only the file names in the URL like this:
l7vsadm -A -t 192.168.8.58:80 -m url --pattern-match '*.html' -s rr
l7vsadm -a -t 192.168.8.58:80 -m url --pattern-match '*.html' -r 10.0.0.10:80

we haven't done this. There is a section in the HOWTO on mod_backhand which addresses a similar problem. There possibly is an apache module that handles something like this. If you find anything let us know.

I know that one workaround is to have several virtual IP's on the load balancer and then match based on that, but I need a functionality similar to what Pound Load Balancer does.

we'll add this to our list of things to think about