Re: [lvs-users] Loadavg constant 2.00

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Loadavg constant 2.00
From: Sven Wegener <sven.wegener@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:22:04 +0200
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:38:35PM -0300, Aslan Carlos wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was did a loadbalance with 4 entries to STMP service (25/tcp) , using
> wlc, but I see when the ipvs starts the machine's loadavg go to 2.00 and
> be constant while the IPVS are running, but this machine don't have any
> connection yet at ipvs.
>
> I'm runinng Mandriva Spring 2007.1
> with :
> - ipvsadm-1.24-4mdv2007.1

Hi,

without knowing which kernel you're running, I suspect that you're
running the ipvs sync daemons (ipvs_syncmaster and ipvs_syncbackup
kernel threads) with a kernel <2.6.20. In older kernels the code uses an
uninterruptible sleep, leading to a constant load of 2.00, 1.00 for the
master daemon and 1.00 for the backup daemon.

The issue has been fixed with the following commit:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=89eaeb09ba01632511f69ce8e14c8d2abd2dbe9e

Sven