Re: [lvs-users] LVS with all clients behind a single router. lvs-tun on

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS with all clients behind a single router. lvs-tun on 2.6 kernel
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:04:50 +0900
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:40:58PM -0500, Matthew Smart wrote:

> So Graeme's solutions looks like our best bet.  The good news for us is
> that we have 100% control of the client routers and are not trying to
> hide our activity from an isp. So I should be able to tweak the router
> in such a way that it behaves in a consistent manner with regard to port
> usage, and that should allow me to implement Graeme's solution with a
> reasonable level of assurance that clients will stay within the
> designated port ranges... I hope :)

I'm wondering if Graeme's solution might not break the persistancy
that you are after. It seems to me that by breaking up the virtual
service and load balancing in groups based on the source-port, that
there is nothing to stop a given client coming from different ports
(in different ranges) for the same session. Am I missing something?

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/