[lvs-users] Ldirectord in Fedora Core 6 problem with squid

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Ldirectord in Fedora Core 6 problem with squid
From: Bishal <bishal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2 Jul 2007 11:37:16 -0000
Hi,

 I am trying to load balance two squid cache server which is installed

Freebsd 6.2. And my ldirectord is running in FC 6 with fwmark table.

my ldirectord.cf file

--------

# Prepared: April 2005

# Global Directives

checktimeout=10

checkinterval=2

#fallback=127.0.0.1:80

autoreload=no

#logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"

logfile="local0"

quiescent=no

# Note: persistancy needs to be turned on if FTP traffic is to handled

#       using LVS-DR (gate) or LVS-TUN (ipip). This is not neccessary

#       or LVS-NAT (masq).

virtual=1

        real=202.xx.xx.1:3128 gate

        real=202.xx.xx.2:3128 gate

        service=http

        checkport=3128

        checktype=connect

        protocol=fwm

        request="http://yahoo.com";

#        receive="Test Page"

        scheduler=dh

        #persistent=600

/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK

--set-mark 1

ip rule add prio 100 fwmark 1 table 100

ip route add local 0/0 dev lo table 100

 While checking with showtraffic scripts I am sometimes getting 18K

packets/s which I don't think it shoud because I have only 100 user.

while checking in mrtg both server proxy and lvs interface traffic

increase from 400kbits to 9mbits. This high traffic is only in cache

server where as another cache run as normal. Is this DOS attack or

ldirectord bug. I am using ldirectord 2.0.8 with ipvsadm 1.24.

299 packets/sec

300 packets/sec

305 packets/sec

296 packets/sec