[lvs-users] Help with keepalived setup!!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Help with keepalived setup!!
From: "Ramsurrun Visham" <vishamr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:30:59 +0400
Hi to all,

I wanted to know if the following is possible with Keepalived:

I have 5 Pcs - 3 active (master) nodes and 2 standby (backup) nodes,
all connected to a switch. The 2 standby nodes have to provide
failover to any of active nodes in case one fails. Then if any of the
active nodes fails again, the second should provide failover for that.
If I use only one standby node for failover, then I just have to make
the standby node backup for all the active nodes. But I can't do it
when there are two or more since the values for the priority parameter
will be higher on one particular node. Hence, all VIPs of failed
active nodes will go to one standby PC. I don't want to dedicate one
standby node for each active node.

Is this possible to realise with Keepalived? Can someone give me some
configuration hints as to how to achieve this?

Any help will be much appreciated..

Warm regards,
Visham