[lvs-users] listing in HOWTO of people prepared to do LVS work.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] listing in HOWTO of people prepared to do LVS work.
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
A while ago I put out a call for people interested in
sponsoring LVS. A few people stepped forward, but after
thinking about it for a while, we realised that we didn't
have a mechanism for accepting money (like a Foundation) and
that none of us had enough spare time to code up requested
features. (It seems like GPL coders have more important
things to do with their spare time than earn money.)

However at least one of the potential sponsors was
interested in advertising their skills on the LVS project
somewhere (webpage, HOWTO) in exchange for money. We here at
LVS central had discussed, a long time ago, the possibility
of setting up a pool of people to do LVS work, but not
having a way of checking people out beforehand, we dropped
the idea.

However a list of available people could be useful,
independant of any exchanges of money, I'm prepared to try a
section in the HOWTO which lists such people (let me know if
you have better ideas).

o The section will be labelled something like "People
available for LVS work" (if you do loadbalancing that isn't
LVS, then you're on your own).

o entries will be listed in order of the date I receive
them. entries will be listed for approximately a year
(HOWTOs come out at erratic intervals and entries will come
out whenever the next HOWTO comes out). If you want to be
listed again next year, send me an e-mail in a year. If you
really want people to know who you are, don't rely on the
entry in the HOWTO - make sure google knows about you.

o entries will have the format

Jul 2007

your URL (eg <a http://www.foo.org>The Foo LVS service
centre</a>) and/or e-mail, then a blurb of upto 80chars eg
"We do it all".

(Send me your info off-list.)

o this will be minimum maintenance for me. I'm just going to
mouse swipe your e-mail. (ie don't plan on changing your URL
in the year).

o entries will be free ($)

o I will state that the I have no idea whether you're any
good and that people should check the mailing list archives
to see how helpful you can be.