Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT wrr crashing + tiny patch

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT wrr crashing + tiny patch
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:23:09 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Kees Hoekzema wrote:

> Ok, I have found a bit more information from my debugging,
> and it seems that Horms already knows about it:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=118040107213444&w=2

thanks for the info. Hopefull Horms with get onto it.

>>> our 'old' 32 bits environment still happily changes the
>>> values of the servers every couple of seconds without
>>> crashing.

I know this is separate from the problem, but according to
feedback and control theory you should be making adjustments
on a timescale that damps the transients. What a transient
is here is not obvious - the timescale of a tcpip
connection, the time is takes to change the load by 10%?,
50%? I don't know, but every couple of seconds would seem to
be a lot shorter than either of these two time scales.

Do you find your setup has problems when you do adjustments
on a longer timescale?

Thanks Joe