Re: [lvs-users] help! lvs works as it should (timeouts)

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] help! lvs works as it should (timeouts)
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:36:38 +0100
Sebastian,
> So it seems (to me) that there definitely is some form of 'keepalive' that
> gets sent every 5 - 10 minutes.
The windows RDP client sends 1 keepalive per minute if it is maximised,
and sometimes wont send any if it is minimised.
As far as I'm aware the default LVS time out is 15 mins.

And also useful:

With a protocol with a long session & persistence enabled such as
Terminal Server RDP
maintenance can become problematic because clients that disconnect and
re­connect will still go to
the same server for the length of the persistence time out. You can
change this behaviour so that
when a client disconnects the persistence template is cleared forcing
them to re­connect to a
different server.

This is activated globally by using the following command from the console:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template