Re: [lvs-users] initial connection delay

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] initial connection delay
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:58:44 -0400
Bill Omer wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have been noticing some delay in initial connections with my setup.
>> It is about 15 secs.  After that everything works great.  In the HOWTO
>> it talks about authd/identd being the cause of this problem (don't know
>> how relevant the information is still).  Is identd still an issue with
>> Fedora 7 (my distro) with 2.6.21 kernels?  What is the best way to solve
>> this for LVS-DR setup?
>>
>> Gerry
>>

> Is identd running?  If so kill and see if that helps.  It could also
> be a DNS issue, possibly reverse DNS.   Try adding the IP address you
> are coming from to /etc/hosts and see if that helps, too.
>
> -Bill

[root@grp-01-30-50 ~]# ps -e | grep ident
[root@grp-01-30-50 ~]#

identd does not appear to be running.

I don't see anything related to authd or identd: Is there something else
that has this same effect? I'm using all IP addresses for accesses, no
DNS. Right now I just tried shutting down keepalived and restarting and
then logging back in as different users and this time I did not see the
delay so this has me puzzled. Maybe a good recycle was all that was
needed. I'll monitor this behavior for a while and repost if it
continues to be a problem. I'm going to look back through the logs to
see if I can pick out anything.

Gerry