[lvs-users] Anyone using the same or in anyway familiar setup?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Anyone using the same or in anyway familiar setup?
From: "r j" <rjdst.9@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:51:11 +0800
Hi, I have been using ipvs (keepalived) to provide high-availability for
mysql service. I have this setup:

1 mysql replication and lvs director master.
1 mysql slave and lvs director backup.

This means that both my servers  acts as directors and at the same time,
real servers.

A master who becomes a backup would be permanently be in such state when
revived and the fomer slave actively becomes the master until another
failure.

LVS  director state switching is handled by keepalived, while bash scripts
called within the keepalived configuration file
(notify_master/notify_backup) would make the transition from one state to
another.

In short, whilst providing high-availabity thru lvs(keepalived), I also am
doing mysql replication setup riding with every lvs+director transition,
this is so because of I would have to turn over the system to an admin who
isn't very much well versed with Linux. Is this a good setup up? I'm a bit
paranoid about some data lose.