Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT simple (?) setup not working in mysterious way?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT simple (?) setup not working in mysterious way?
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:07:09 +1200
Look at this and tell me if this isn't a nice, simple case of LVS-NAT.
Please. Is there something that I am not seeing? I've stared at this and
at the documentation and howtos for so long now I can't see straight.
The traffic *appears* to come into the client from the VIP but the
client does not display anything.

If you just want to say "RTFM" please refrain, I am banging my head on
the desk at this very moment from RTFM-ing all week. I am sick of the
howto and sick of staring at this trying combinations and permutations
of configuration.

I would really appreciate a reality check beyond "RTFM", Thanks.

web-lb1:/etc/ha.d# cat ldirectord.cf
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=no
logfile="local0"
quiescent=yes

virtual=10.10.0.15:80
        fallback=127.0.0.1:80 masq
        real=192.168.0.4:80 masq
        real=192.168.0.3:80 masq
        service=http
        request="ldirector.html"
        receive="Test Page"
        scheduler=rr
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate
        persistent=300

web-lb1:/etc/ha.d# cat ha.cf
logfacility        local0
bcast        eth0                # Linux
mcast eth0 225.0.0.1 694 1 0
auto_failback off
node        web-lb1
node        web-lb2
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
apiauth ipfail gid=haclient uid=hacluster

web-lb1:/etc/ha.d# cat haresources
web-lb1        \
        ldirectord::ldirectord.cf \
        LVSSyncDaemonSwap::master \
        IPaddr2::10.10.0.15/16/eth0/10.10.255.255

The director has network interfaces as so:
web-lb1:/etc/network# cat interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0