Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Multiple domains with SSL inside a 2 machine cluster
From: Michael Moody <michael@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:56:16 -0700
You said you got this to work:

domain-a.com has public IP xxx.xxx.xxx.5 and is redirected to
192.168.1.5 on server1 and 192.168.1.6 on server2 domain-b.com has
public IP xxx.xxx.xxx.6 and is redirected to 192.168.1.7 on server1 and
192.168.1.8 on server2

I'm having a problem where I cannot make the above work. Let's say I
have two ssl vhosts, and I've set up 2 public ip's. I have 2 machines in
the cluster, and I need them both to have both sites. So I set up
cert1/https1 on 192.168.1.5 on server 1, and 192.168.1.7 on server2,
then I set up cert2/https2 on 192.168.1.6 on server1, and 192.168.1.8 on
server2. If I do this, it just simply doesn't work, as my vhost config
binds the ssl to 192.169.1.5, 6, 7, or 8, and it seems apache is unable
to answer requests with headers containing the vip. Can you kindly
shared your config files, both vhost, and lvs configs? I'd REALLY like
to take a look at them.

Thanks,
Michael

--

Michael S. Moody
Systems Engineer

Engineering Support: support@xxxxxx
Billing Support: billing@xxxxxx
Customer Support Portal:  http://my.gsc.cc

NOTICE - This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify Global Systems Consulting, its
subsidiaries or associates. Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
the view of Global Systems Consulting, its subsidiaries and associates.