Re: [lvs-users] LVS-Tun problem

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-Tun problem
From: "Grasmo, Johan" <johan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:07:32 +0100
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I've followed your advice and I've tested telnet with LVS-DR. On the
real servers I configured lo:110 and added the following in
/etc/sysctl.conf:

net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

None of the real servers ARP's which is good and everything worked
perfectly.

I took the same servers, removed lo and configured tunl0:110 to test
LVS-TUN.

When I telnet from a linux machine I get the same real server. The VIP
address in the arp table is unfortunately the same as one of the real
servers.

When I try a telnet connection from a windows machine I only get a
timeout:

Connecting To 172.24.30.110...Could not open connection to the host, on
port 23: Connect failed

Isn't it sufficient to add the lines in /etc/sysctl.conf or do I have to
patch the kernel (I run 2.6.22 btw)?

Thanks,

Johan

IP