[lvs-users] LVS / PULSE reload problem

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS / PULSE reload problem
From: "Michael Geraghty" <Michael.Geraghty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:05:35 -0000
Hi

I am running "ipvsadm-1.24-6" on Redhat 4/4 ES.  I have the system
configured using piranha and works like a treat.

The problem I am having is when I change the configuration when adding a
new site - I have to restart all 'nanny process as 'service pulse
restart' will not work for me.  I get the following in my messages file:

rereading configuration file

pulse: pulse -HUP succeeded

I also tried "kill -1 pid" - but no joy.  The only thing that will work
is a "service pulse restart"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mick

This email, its contents and any files attached are a confidential
communication and are
intended only for the named addressees indicated in the message.

If you are not the named addressee or if you have received this email in error,
you may not,
without the consent of Cognotec, copy, use or rely on any information or
attachments in any way.
Please notify the sender by return email and delete it from your email system.

Unless separately agreed, Cognotec does not accept any responsibility for the
accuracy or
completeness of the contents of this email or its attachments. Please note that
any views,
opinion or advice contained in this communication are those of the sending
individual
and not those of Cognotec and Cognotec shall have no liability whatsoever in
relation to
this communication (or its content) unless separately agreed.