[lvs-users] LVS Process Monitor

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS Process Monitor
From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:47:37 -0500
I am currently trying to setup a 1 nic lvs-nat.  My test environment has 2 real
smtp servers and 2 directors and all have ip's on the same subnet.  I am using
heartbeat for failover to the other director.   Not all failures are going to
be machine failures, so if by some chance my primary director drops the
ldirectord process but the machine doesn't shutdown, failover doesn't happen.
So I need a way (or script) to monitor if ldirectord is up and if not initiate
failover.

I would use a script to monitor smtp but when I am on the director I can't
connect to the service offered on the VIP (if this is not normal let me know) .
 Does anyone have any other automated way to detect software failure and
initiate failover?

TIA for any help.