[lvs-users] load balancing nfs realservers - Anyone done this?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] load balancing nfs realservers - Anyone done this?
From: "Christopher Barry" <christopher.barry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:05:24 -0600
Greetings everyone,

I have googled around, and the closest thing I can find is described at the
below link, although not completely answered. I'm hoping that someone can point
me to a howto or other doc that will get me over this hump.

http://lists.graemef.net/pipermail/lvs-users/2003-June/008879.html

My setup:
6) RHEL4U5 realservers - mounting a GFS home dir over FC.
2) RHEL4U5 Directors
n) Other servers that will automount users homes off of the realservers.

relevant ipvsadm table entries:
TCP  10.32.2.110:2049 lc persistent 60
  -> 10.32.12.15:2049             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.32.12.11:2049             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.32.12.12:2049             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.32.12.14:2049             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.32.12.16:2049             Masq    1      0          0
  -> 10.32.12.13:2049             Masq    1      0          0

* I have tried nfsd running on the director and shutdown. First case I get
permission denied, second case I get 'RPC Error: Program not registered'
I tried this because it appeared the portmapper needed to have those ports
registered or something.

* I have used the -n <cluster_name> switch to rpc.statd on all 6 nodes.

It seems like the portmapper needs to be involved in passing along the query to
the realservers, but I can't find any docs on what I need to do to do, where to
look, or anything. I figured it would be fairly straightforward.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!

Thank You,
Christopher Barry