Re: [lvs-users] LVS to run as a fail over (2 servers, active-passive) ho

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS to run as a fail over (2 servers, active-passive) how?
From: "Adam Niedzwiedzki" <adstar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:14:33 +1100
Hi Joe,

If only it was that simple :(
I have to have a lot of things playing nice on this machine, and adding
Linux-HA might "not" work :(.
I say "not" because of my setup. (I have one machine doing all the work,
router/firewall and load balancer)

Internet

        eth0 (/30) - Router/Firewall - eth1 (/25) - (switch) -
colo/hosting/etc/boxes

                                eth2 - (switch) - (LVS network) (nat'd via
LVS)

I'm running shorewall for my firewall, keepalived (lvs) via fwmark for my
load balancing (that took some hair pulling to figure out).

I'm not sure if I can even fit Linux-HA into the mix as well?
I'll go do some reading on heartbeat (I'm not familiar with it).

Cheers
Ad

P.S I wonder if I could convince the LVS dev's to put out a ds scheduler
(Dead Server) :P Use all the framework for real servers etc, but just does
the same as HA I guess, send all requests to one box, if it goes down send
to the other, when it comes back move the traffic back. Would work in quite
nice with keepalived *shrug*