Re: [lvs-users] IPv6, again

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] IPv6, again
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:00:24 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Fernanda G Weiden wrote:

> Hi people,
> I was looking for information about ipv6 support on lvs, and only
> found a single thread back in Dec 2006 saying it was not supported,
> but there was a fork that added the support. I tried to access some
> links mentioned on that thread, but they do not seem to exist anymore.
>
> Is there any news?

no, that's it I'm afraid.

It's unfortunate that someone would spend the time on the
port without arranging/ensuring that it would be carried
forward in any further LVS developement. Working code it too
valuable to throw away. Once the ipv6 code went into LVS,
then the kernel people would maintain the ipv6 part.

The other day there was a posting asking about the status of
the LVS *bsd port, another one-off effort. Presumably both
these people were students who wrote the code to pass some
course, but left nothing usable for anyone else.

someone offered to help pay for a 2nd ipv6 port, but
no-one was interested.

With the US Govt mandated to move to ipv6 (presumably as
fast as they moved to ADA), it would be nice to have an ipv6
port of LVS, but we don't have one.