Re: [lvs-users] Take offline and server comes back

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Take offline and server comes back
From: Dan Yocum <yocum@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:55:14 -0500

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Jason Ledford wrote:
>
>> I have just made my lvs-nat server online.  I am having a
>> problem now where when I want to take a server offline I
>> change its weight to 0, it goes offline.  30secs or so
>> later ldirectord brings it back online. Here is my
>> ldirectord.cf file:
>
> I don't use ldirectord. I assume you changed the weight with
> ipvsadm and not with ldirectord. Next time ldirectord does a
> health check, it finds the realserver OK and brings up the
> weight to its original value.

I've noticed this behavior as well with nanny (from Red Hat's piranha).

I suppose the way to get around this would be to add some logic in the
script that nanny runs to also check the weight of the real server and
if it's zero, to mark the real server as down... except one can't run
ipvsadm as non-root... maybe a sudo script to get around that sticky
wicket...  I'm just thinking out loud...

Dan

--
Dan Yocum
Fermilab  630.840.6509