[lvs-users] HA Weirdness

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] HA Weirdness
From: Adrian-Ioan Vasile <yoyo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:26:49 +0300
Hello list,

Something weird has happened to my configuration. But firsts a little
bit about it.
I have 2 web servers and a load balancer configured using LVS/DR with
hidden patch.
Each server is configured with their 2 eth ports in bonding having their
own ips. A dummy interface (dummy0) that has all the necessary ips on
each server.
And finally on both web servers :
ws1 ~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
1
ws1 ~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/dummy0/hidden
1

ws2 ~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
1
ws2 ~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/dummy0/hidden
1

The ldirector.conf, I have defined 5 virtual services corresponding to
an individual IP that exists on all of the servers on the dummy interface.

virtual=<service1-ip>:80
        real=<webserver1-ip>:80 gate
        real=<webserver2-ip>:80 gate
        service=http
        request="ariualaiv.html"
        receive="da"
        scheduler=wrr
        persistent=600
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate
        checkport=80

the configuration for the rest of the services is practically the same.

My problem lies with 1 service ip. Whatever I do, all traffic is
directed to the second web server. Even if I setup ldirectord to have
only webserver-1 as backend, it still get the traffic directed to the
second web server.
All other balanced services work as expected.

Any hints or suggestions are welcome.

TIA,
Adrian Vasile