Re: [lvs-users] using LVS on the director with a local VIP directing to

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] using LVS on the director with a local VIP directing to realserver ?
From: Sylvain Viart <sylvain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:17:25 +0200
Hi Jason,

Ref:
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html#director_as_client_in_LVS-DR
Jason Stubbs a écrit :

>>> Yes, the director cannot access the LVS service with an unpatched kernel.
>>> With the patch mentioned in the FAQ, your configuration should work fine
>>> as far as I can see.
>>>
>> The patch seems pretty old, is it still "patchable" ?
>> any kernel compatibly I should watch?
>>
>> The patch is pretty simple, I could probably correct the code also...
>>

> It won't apply directly as the code has changed slightly. As for
> compatibility
> and what not, you're pretty much on your own... I'm testing that patch and a
> few other changes at the moment but I haven't put it in production yet or
> stress-tested. It might OOPS after several hours of running for all I know.

What does it means "OOPS" ?
> Having said that, there's no other way to do what you want at the moment. If
> you really want/need to do it, patching and testing is about all you can do.

I really need to loadbalance squid "output" and detect failure on
realserver backend. Having playing with LVS showed that this way seem
interesting to test. I can also test squid internal loadbalancing, but
the pound are pretty bugged for the configuration I've tested. That will
be my next path.

Thank for the links.
Regards,
Sylvain.