Re: [lvs-users] Increase the default connection hash table value

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Increase the default connection hash table value
From: hirantha <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:18:59 +0530
Hi Joe,

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, hirantha wrote:
>
>> So now I know the requirement. I expect 300 connections per second and each
>> connection keep for 200
>> seconds. So my value on the connection hash table should be 16 (2^16=65536)
>
> you didn't read the HOWTO did you?
>
> Joe

Sorry for my ignorance..

my connection hash table understanding was wrong.
"Note that this is the number of hash buckets, not the maximum number of
connections. A bucket can
contain zero or more connections. The maximum number of connections is only
limited by the memory
available."

Hence I have enough memory (4GB - this was came up with the server) to support
maximum connections.

My requirement is to increase the connections/second (300/sec) by changing the
connection hash table
value. The idea was taken from "Using a big ipvs hash table for virtual server
will greatly reduce
conflicts in the ipvs hash table when there are hundreds of thousands of active
connections...
It is good to set the table size not far less than the number of connections
per second multiplying
average lasting time of connection in the table.."

So thats why I thought of changing the hash value though it is not recommended.
Please give me a
clue where do I have to look if I need to increase the number of connections
per seconds..? or I
don't need to worry about it..! My server spec - Xeon E5405 @ 2.00GHz, 4GB
Memory. 2.6.18-53.el5PAE
with ipvsadm-1.24-8.1