[lvs-users] misc_check healthchecker question

To: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] misc_check healthchecker question
From: T Billings <stabilizr1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:09:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm trying to load balance to some mysql servers using Keepalived/LVS and am
having some issues getting the health checker to work.   I've configured each
real server with a misc_check healchecker which is a script that does runs
through some tests and returns a 0 for success and 1 for failure.  Problem is
that when it returns a 1 keepalived does not remove the system from service.
What am I missing?  Below is what is currently in my keepalived.conf but I've
also had misc_timeout and misc_dynmic in there as well as weight = 1 defined
before the misc_check.

Thanks in advance for your help.

virtual_server 123.45.67.80 3306 {
        delay_loop 30
        lb_algo rr
        lb_kind DR
        protocol TCP

        real_server 123.45.67.81 3306 {
                MISC_CHECK {
                        misc_path /etc/keepalived/bin/db_check.sh
                        }
        }
}