Re: [lvs-users] Fallback directive in ldirectord - what does it actually

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Fallback directive in ldirectord - what does it actually do?
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:52:58 +1000
On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 03:31:53PM +0800, Simon Oxwell wrote:
> Simon Horman wrote:
> >> So, what is it that I've got misconfigured? Or is it a case of not
> >> understanding what it is that the fallback directive actually does in
> >> this case?
> >
> > Can you try setting apache to listen on 134.115.4.218:80?
> >
> > The connections from end-users should have that as their source IP address
> > and port at the time that they are received by apache.
>

> Yep, I can do that, and that works, but I'm not understanding why it
> works, particularly as it doesn't seem to matter what port I set in the
> in fallback directive - 127.0.0.1:80 works just as well as 127.0.0.1:800.
>
> Is it that ipvs passes the packet through the kernel 'normally' (not
> quite sure of the correct terminology) when the server-address is
> localhost, rather than rewriting/forwarding the packet when it gets
> picked up on the INPUT chain?

Yes, that is likely the case.

I did hack up some code a while back to give the behaviour that
you were expecting, but perhaps its not merged. You can easily tell
by running ipvsadm -Ln. If it says 127.0.0.1:80, then that is what
it is using, regardless of what you asked for. If that is the case,
could you let me know which kernel version you have (uname -a) and
I'll chase down what became of my patch.

--
Horms