Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Persistent connections not persisting after failover
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Simon Horman wrote:

> I wonder if for some reason the templates on the backup aren't being used.

I don't know whether Horms is going to get a fix for this or
not, but preserving state through failover is the reason
failover is hard to do.

Other people on this mailing list have given up on cookies
on the client and associate a connection with a session id,
which is available to all realservers. Increments in
state are written to a database that's accessable to all
realservers. Here's a summary of what's been posted to the
mailing list

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.cluster_friendly_applications.html