Re: [lvs-users] LVS not not failing over properly

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS not not failing over properly
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:11:00 +0100
On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 05:16 -0400, James Martin wrote:
> I have a LVS-NAT implementation in the lab that sort of works.
<snip>
> I believe the problem lies in arping, but I'm not sure how to diagnose
> this.  There are no firewalls between my browser and the lvs, and I'm
> using a fairly dumb 100mb switch (also tried with a smarter switch).

Aside from the other "this is Redhat's code with which we're not
familiar" comments, I'd hazard a guess that the realservers (ie.
10.11.12.1 and 10.11.12.2) don't see their default gateway moving from
the old director (node) to the new, or there's an iptables setup on
either/both the master and backup nodes which blocks the traffic in,
out, or both.

Either way you may better off asking this question on the Piranha list: