Re: [lvs-users] RX Packet drops on high traffic LVS in DR setup

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] RX Packet drops on high traffic LVS in DR setup
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:39:16 +0100
On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 10:50 -0700, Sashi Kant wrote:
> We experiencing lots of RX packets being dropped on LVS server.
> Moving some high traffic VIPs to other LVS which reduced rate of packet
> drops however not completely eliminated.
>
> Anyone seen this issue or have insight into it ?

Nope.

I might suggest, however, that the combination of Broadcom NICs, bonded,
and the Cisco device is the cause of the problem.

If you switch to a single NIC (for testing) with no bonding, does the
problem go away or does it get worse?

It seems that you may need to do some system tuning to get your system
to handle the high packet rates you have - it's likely the pps, not the
bps, which is the source of the problem.

What Broadcom driver is being used?

Graeme