[lvs-users] Masqueraded packets nor arriving on real server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Masqueraded packets nor arriving on real server
From: Pieter Temmerman <ptemmerman.ext@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:07:22 +0100
Hi folks.

I have a director running on CentOS 5.2 (2.6.18.1.13.el5) which has the
vs functionality already compiled into the kernel, so I can perfectly
load the VS modules.

I'm trying to load balance two Apache servers here. This setup was
perfectly working (using direct routing), until I had to change the
listen port of the Apache servers, instead of port 80, it now uses port
81. As from what I've read in the documentation, I cannot have the VIP
port be specified as 80, and have the RIP port specified as 81, while
still using direct routing as forwarding method. In order to get it
working, the docs stated that I needed to use masquerading. So far so
good.

Problem: When I browse to the VIP I'm not being redirected to an Apache
server. I executed tcpdump on the real server to see if any HTTP packets
were coming in, but execpt from the directors "request" polls, there is
nothing arriving.

I also executed ipvsadm -Lc, but the returned list is empty.

I must admit that I did not read the whole documentation as it is
humongous and my setup was working before. I honestly hope it is just
something trivial that I overlooked and that somebody here would be so
kind to point that out.

Who would like to help me solve this?  I would really appreciate.

Thanks.