[lvs-users] Still have problem on my primary LVS with ftp

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Still have problem on my primary LVS with ftp
From: Michael Moody <michael@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 03:28:44 -0800
A few months ago, I posted, with an issue where ldirectord stops health
checking after a while due to ftp.

I have been running off of my secondary lvs box for a few months. Here are the
symptoms:

Running on primary lvs - health checking works for a little while, and then
completely stops. Not only that, but my VIP entry in ldirectord.cf looks like
this:

virtual=10.0.0.195:21
        real=192.168.1.195:21 gate 1
        fallback=192.168.1.196:21 gate 1
        protocol=tcp
        service=ftp
        login="testftp"
        passwd="testftplvs1"
        persistent=30000
I have tested, and am able to utilize the cli ftp client, and this login works
fine for both real and fallback. On the primary LVS box, it automatically goes
to the fallback, even though the real server is up and accessible. The only
thing of note is that this box is 64 bit, the secondary is 32 bit.

The ipvsadm table looks like this:

TCP  10.0.0.195:21 wrr persistent 30000
  -> 192.168.1.196:21             Route   1      0          1

Same exact config on the secondary lvs box:

virtual=10.0.0.195:21
        real=192.168.1.195:21 gate 1
        fallback=192.168.1.196:21 gate 1
        protocol=tcp
        service=ftp
        login="testftp"
        passwd="testftplvs1"
        persistent=30000
The login also works from here for both real server and fallback. However, it
works properly on this box, with the ipvsadm table looking like this:

TCP  10.0.0.195:21 wrr persistent 30000
  -> 192.168.1.195:21             Route   1      0          1
Does anyone have an explanation for why this might be?

Thanks,
Michael