[lvs-users] Configuring email alerts on Debian

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Configuring email alerts on Debian
From: bhilkert@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:18:26 -0500
I have ldirectord successfully monitoring http servers on Debian Etch. I would
like to configure the email alerts when a site goes down. The man mentions the
use of Mail::Mailer. I don't have tons of Linux experience. The perl doc says
that Mail::Mailer goes in the order of:

Sendmail
smtp
qmail

Which is the most lightweight solution? We have an SMTP server on the local
network to go through, so I wouldn't want this box going straight out to the
internet to send mail. Is there someway to just configure the SMTP to send it
off to?

Thanks,
Brandon