Re: [lvs-users] FQDN as Real Server reference

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] FQDN as Real Server reference
From: Stjohnson <slists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:37:18 -0600
Both of you are right on. I think you both understand. FQDN for Real server
definition, not IP. So For load balancing, the LVS has to do a DNS query.

The ipvs does show dns names, but it's a reverse query, not so much
responsible for the allocation of load.

So it's looking like I'm not going to be able to do this LVS. I'm
investigating other solutions actually just to cover all my bases. There has
to be a system that does this w/o special modifications.

Thanks!