Re: [lvs-users] Trouble getting first LVS setup working

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Trouble getting first LVS setup working
From: "Chris St. Pierre" <stpierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:33:25 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

>> Following Redhat's documentation,
>
> Redhat never comes up on this mailing list. I didn't know
> they knew anything about LVS.

Yup:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.2/html/Virtual_Server_Administration/index.html

I won't lie and say it's particularly thorough documentation -- most
of it covers using the configuration web GUI -- but it's readable, and
I figured it'd be a good place to start as I'm running RHEL.

> Have you read the HOWTO about the (limited number of)
> problems that we know about with VMs?

I have now, and none of them seem to be my problem.  Many are little
bugs or resource allocation issues, but they all appeared to be
problems that exhibited themselves once things were at least
marginally working.  In my case, I can't even get the dang thing
working at all.

> Can you find a simpler setup (separate nodes) for your first
> attempt?

I'd love to, but I have this problem with my email address: it ends in
.edu. :) Getting a single test box took me about four years, so if
you're willing to put this thread on hold until 2013, then I should be
able to get a bigger test environment. :)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University