Re: [lvs-users] Anyone using lvs with joomla?

To: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Anyone using lvs with joomla?
From: "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:01:55 -0500
> You have Joomla running under a (or more than one) virtual host under
> Apache. You need to use the "ServerName" or one of the "ServerAlias"
> directives from that virtual host as part of the request.
> If you had a vhost with
> ServerName  www.xxx.com

A joomla site is the top/starting site on the server which does host other
virtual hosts.

> send = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: www.xxx.com\r\n\r\n"
> expect = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK"

Here, I thought I was looking for something much more complicated but now it
makes sense, it's the exact output from the server.

> ...which I'm pretty sure I outlined some time ago, perhaps not as
> clearly.

It's not something I work with daily so no, it's not something that would have
made much sense :).

> If you continue to get log entries regarding HTTP_HOST then you need to
> go to the Joomla folks, I'm afraid. Web applications are pretty off
> topic (in that level of detail) for this list.

I came to the lvs list thinking that I just needed to figure out the right
get/expect entries. I did post on some other forums as well but got nothing.
I've also asked about how I'm going to modify this to work with squid in front
of the servers. Right now, lvs is going directly to the servers but I want to
put squid in front of them. I have one working now but haven't found the
get/expect code that works.

Using this thread, I'll try to figure that out though suspect that life has
beaten me to the point of exhaustion this week so probably won't figure it out.

Thanks again for this help, it's very appreciated and I'll review the thread.

Mike