Re: [lvs-users] FWMARKs and persistence

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] FWMARKs and persistence
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Fabien Duchêne wrote:

Hello,

We are trying to setup a LVS load balancer for multiple services (HTTP,
HTTPS, LDAP, ...).
All these services are distributed over several servers, and they all
need persistence.

you could try the -SH scheduler as an alternative (not a whole lot different)

They also use multiple ports, so we used fwmarks to identify the service.

When you connect for the first time, you are sticked to a real server of
the service you're accessing (HTTP for eg).

correct

The problem is that, after that, if you try to access another virtual
service (LDAP for instance), you get a ICMP port unreacheable, because
you're still sticked on the HTTP Real Server.

do you know why you get a port unreachable? I wouldn't have expected that. Is the realserver listening on that port? Is the connect request making it to the realserver?