Re: [lvs-users] LVS Logging?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Logging?
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:35:21 +0100
On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 16:03 -0700, Michael Nguyen wrote:
> Fair enough, but I'm just so used to looking at logs to troubleshoot
> problems.  I can go without.

I guess the followup question is:

What would you expect the ip_vs code to log?

Please remember that (in the scenario you're using) it's a pretty "dumb"
system - you set it up, and it routes traffic as you asked it to.
There's nothing more to it than that - it's totally unaware of the
sources, the targets, the VIPs, the RIPs and so on as it's simply doing
as it's told.

If you want something more complex, you probably need one of the
management and monitoring applications in front of it.

As there's no real explanation of your tunnel topology, have you read
this:
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-Tun.html#arp_problem_lvs-tun
 ??

It sounds to me very much like an ARP problem with your realservers,
possibly compounded by netfilter rules preventing traffic arriving on
"real" interfaces (as opposed to tun devices).

Graeme