[lvs-users] Connections being listed in a backup server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Connections being listed in a backup server
From: Andre Nathan <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:51:33 -0300
Hello

I have a working setup of LVS, and I'm trying to configure a backup
machine for failover, with the virtual network interfaces configured as
heartbeat resources.

I've been using the same setup for some time without problems, but now I
have installed a new pair of servers and I'm seeing the following
behavior:

When I start the master and backup daemons on both servers with

  ipvsadm --start-daemon master --mcast-interface eth1
  ipvsadm --start-daemon backup --mcast-interface eth1

the ipvsadm command output in the backup server starts showing
connections:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  virtserver:mys wlc
  -> realserver1:mysql            Route   1      1          35
  -> realserver2:mysql            Route   1      1          44

I have never seen this behavior before, and from the docs I believe it
shouldn't happen, although the load balancing seems to keep working
without problems.

Does anyone know why could that happen?

I'm running Linux 2.6.27 and ipvsadm 1.24.

Thanks in advance,
Andre