Re: [lvs-users] Fallback server alive check error - Inaccessible real se

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Fallback server alive check error - Inaccessible real server: 127.0.0.1:80 (192.168.0.6:80)
From: Eelco Jepkema <eelco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:40:11 +0200
Eelco Jepkema wrote:
> :( I still get the same mail (now every hour because I upped my
> emailalertfreq to 3600 :-)).

Yes! I have "solved" the problem as follows:

1. apt-get --purge autoclean ldirectord (thereby deleting all
dependencies and configuration

2. apt-get install ldirectord-2

3. put back the same ldirectord.cf in /etc/ha.d/ as before

Why this works, I have no idea, because ldirectord-2 is a dummy package
saying:

Package: ldirectord-2
  This is a transitional dummy package.  If nothing depends on it, this
  package can be safely removed.

However, The difference after this fresh install I see is that in
/etc/ha.d/ there is now a directory /etc/ha.d/resource.d/ with in it a
symlink to /usr/sbin/ldirectord.

Could this somehow contribute to the fixing of this problem?

I'm glad it now works perfectly but am still interested about the
origins of the problem and wether I should be trying to submit a bug to
the debian package maintainer about this. I'm reluctant to do this
because I'm not entirely sure it isn't some weird dependency issue on my
end which is now solved.

Best regards,
Eelco Jepkema