Re: [lvs-users] Keepalive timeout

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Keepalive timeout
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:39:55 +0200
Joseph Mack NA3T escribió:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Adrian Chapela wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am getting problems with keepalive timeout.
>>

> which keepalive?
>

>> I have a visual basic application
>>

> where? client, realserver?
>

>> that is opening a connection to another Windows Server
>> across the LVS director.
>>

> why is the director in the path?
>

>> This connection will be an idle connection. This is the
>> reason why the VB application needs to reconnect and why
>> the server
>>

> what is the server? the realserver? some other box?
>
> Do you know about setting idle timeouts (see the HOWTO)

Don't get angry please. I am searching and If I am asking is because I
am lost in found the real problem. In your lines you have tell me the
real problem. A tcp timeout that is reaching in all connections on the
director.

Re-reading the HOWTO I found the next command:

$ipvsadm --set tcp tcpfin udp

With this command I think on a problem. If I modify the tcp timeout I
will affect all tcp connections (If I only modify tcp parameter...) and
if you have a lot of connections you could waste all of your machine
resources.  Is there any way (I think that the HOWTO doesn't mention
this possibility ;) ) to apply a timeout to a virtual server.

Thank you!

Happy weekend!!