Re: [lvs-users] LVS + DR + PIRANHA

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + DR + PIRANHA
From: "Raul da Silva {Sp4wn}" <sp4wn.root@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:46:39 -0200
The configuration is ok and mcast communication is ok too, The problem is
that sync table happens when master server receives a heavy requests and
transitions in port 80, so after this the table is synchronized.

Other thing :

There is a problem in a config default on file "lvs.cfg" the parameter
default in "keepalive" is major than "deadline" , but this should be change
for something like this, example (keepalive  = 12 /  deadline = 4 ) if you
don't change this option all the time if you check on both server "watch
-n.1 "ifconfig" " you will see the virtual interface appearing/disapering in
the backup server.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:41 AM, L.S. Keijser <leon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 18:58 -0200, Raul da Silva {Sp4wn} wrote:
> > Hi , everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to know why sync table connections doesn't happens between
> > master/backup and backup/master server ?
> > When I check the table in both server with the command "ipvsadm -L -n -c"
> in
> > master server list the connections that were ESTABLISHED with all of the
> > status but in backup server nothing.
>
> Are the sync daemons running on both nodes? Run `ipvsadm -Ln --daemon`
> to find out. It looks like you're trying to set up LVS using piranha.
> What happens if you run the daemons manually, maybe providing the
> correct interface over which the daemons can send the multicast packets?
> And if you run them manually and it works, try to run both master and
> backup daemon on both nodes.
>

> --
> Léon

Att,

Raul da Silva Leite
sp4wn.root@xxxxxxxxx
Linux Consultant / Red hat Brasil
RHCE / LPI-II / ITIL / RHCI / RHCA / RHCSS / RHCDS
+55 11 8504-3200